|Hours||43 hours per week|
5 days out of 7
Some weekend shifts will be required.
We are looking for someone to assist the Head Chef at our Highway Garden & Leisure site where we put the customer at the heart of everything we do.
Duties will include:
- Assisting with ordering and receipting deliveries, rotating stock, controlling and reporting wastage
- Managing daily production, preparation and presentation of all food to ensure a quality product
- Managing and motivating kitchen staff and supporting the Head Chef with staff training
- Participating in menu development by working with the Head Chef and Food Buyer
- Overseeing food service by directing the presentation and portion control according to the Company standards
- Keeping customer waiting time to a satisfactory level by supporting all areas as required
- Managing the team to maintain high standards of hygiene and ensure closing down procedures are adhered to
Hours are 43 per week, working 5 days out of 7, with no split shifts but will include weekends.
What Highway can offer you
- Hourly Rate of Pay: £9.35
- Pension Scheme
- Generous Staff Discount
- Discretionary Annual Bonus
- Staff Canteen
- Free Staff Parking
- Ongoing training & development and progression opportunities
See below to download application form:
To apply online please download & complete this application form.
Once complete, click 'file', then 'save as', save the application with your name & job title as the filename and then email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also include a covering letter and/or CV if you wish.
You will need to open the application form in adobe reader in order to fill it in. In some browsers you may need to right click and select "save target as" so it doesn't open in your browser. You may need to install the latest version of Adobe reader (Desktop, Android, iOS) in order to fill in the application form on your device. If you have any trouble downloading and filling in our application form then please contact email@example.com and our human resources department may be able to email you an application form in an alternative format.
Not the job you're looking for?
Check our current vacancies