|Location||Wroxham Head Office|
An exciting opportunity has arisen to become an assistant buyer. You will support and assist the buyers in developing and trading a commercial and profitable range with the aim to help us achieve our growth plans for the business.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the buyers by identifying opportunities and proposing range enhancements & new ideas.
- Monitoring sales and margin performance.
- Assisting the buyers with supplier negotiations, supplier management & product selection.
- Building strong working relationships with buying support, marketing, logistics, retail teams internally and suppliers outside of the business.
- Ensuring stock is delivered within deadlines
- Keeping buyers informed of market trends and customer requests
You will ideally have experience of working in a retail buying environment, communicate well at all levels, have an excellent eye for detail, be well organised, an enthusiastic team member, numerate, have good analytical skills and have the ability to prioritise your workload to meet deadlines.
There will be occasions when you will have to accompany the buyer at trade fairs, key events and meeting suppliers which could include overnight stays & foreign travel, therefore, a full clean driving license and valid passport is essential.
This is a great opportunity for anyone who wishes to develop a career within buying.
What Roys can offer you
- Hourly Rate of Pay of £9.20
- Pension Scheme
- Generous Staff Discount
- Discretionary Annual Bonus
- Staff Canteen
- Free Staff Parking
- Ongoing training & development and progression opportunities
See below for application details:
Please include the job title in the subject line of your email.
You may also include a covering letter if you wish.
You will need to open the application form in adobe reader in order to fill it in. In some browsers you may need to right click and select "save target as" so it doesn't open in your browser. You may need to install the latest version of Adobe reader (Desktop, Android, iOS) in order to fill in the application form on your device. If you have any trouble downloading and filling in our application form then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and our human resources department may be able to email you an application form in an alternative format.
Not the job you're looking for?
Check our current vacancies