The unprecedented situation we find our self in as a nation and indeed as a planet has meant that we all have had to change our daily routines and habits drastically. This is no different for Roys, as a company we have had to evolve at a rate never seen before in our 125 years of trading. Our front line staff are working tirelessly to serve our community in their hour of need, never faltering with their customer service, all with a smile on their face. Our colleagues throughout the company have united to keep the shelves stocked, including our hardworking warehouse team, our diligent office workers and our untiring management teams. We are extremely proud and thankful of how we have all pulled together.
To keep things running as smoothly and safely as possible we have put some procedures in place for the welfare of our front line staff and our ever loyal customers.
Shopping in-store safely:
- Our Wroxham toy store, Department store 1st floor, and all Roys cafés are closed until further notice. Full details of opening times are available on our store finder.
- To ensure our more vulnerable and elderly customers can shop for their requirements in our larger stores we have one hour of opening each morning prioritised for those in that category.
- Your local store will allow a limited number of customers in the store at one time to stop congestion and to allow for social distancing
- Customers and staff are asked to keep 2m from each other at all times. This will be aided by floor markings
- Trolleys and basket handles can be cleaned with sanitiser at the entrance to the store.
- Asking shoppers to shop alone wherever possible to limit the number of customers in the store.
- Product purchases will be limited to ensure there is enough supply for the community
- We will be installing protective screens at checkouts in the coming week as these are delivered
- Customers are asked to use contactless or Chip and Pin whenever possible, sanitiser is available to wipe down Chip and Pin before and After use
- Our buyers are working around the clock to ensure we have enough stock in store to meet everyone’s requirements, however we will need help from our customers to only buy what you need.
- Staff have been given sanitiser at all till points and other areas throughout the stores and warehouse
- Gloves are available to staff to wear and masks will be as and when they arrive at stores
- Many staff from closed stores that are able to work have been redeployed to other areas of the business
- In the situation where the store is closed and there is no other position available the staff have been offered a furlough position which will keep their employment with Roys and they will return to work once the store reopens
We will endeavour to serve our community and work with our colleagues throughout this difficult time and for another 125 years!
Ed and Paul Roy
Managing Director and Buying Director