The unprecedented situation we find ourselves in as a nation and indeed as a planet has meant that we all have had to change our daily routines and habits drastically. This is no different for Roys, as a company we have had to evolve at a rate never seen before in our 125 years of trading. Our front line staff are working tirelessly to serve our community in their hour of need, never faltering with their customer service, all with a smile on their face. Our colleagues throughout the company have united to keep the shelves stocked, including our hardworking warehouse team, our diligent office workers and our untiring management teams. We are extremely proud and thankful for how we have all pulled together.
To keep things running as smoothly and safely as possible we have put some procedures in place for the welfare of our front line staff and our ever loyal customers.
Shopping in-store safely:
- Customers and staff are asked to keep 2m from each other at all times. This will be aided by floor markings
- Trolleys and basket handles can be cleaned with sanitiser at the entrance to the store.
- Protective screens are in place at checkouts
- Customers are asked to use contactless or Chip and Pin whenever possible, sanitiser is available to wipe down Chip and Pin before and After use
- All stores are open for click and collect to limit time spent in store
- Staff have been given sanitiser at all till points and other areas throughout the stores and warehouse
- Staff have been given PPE to use
- In the situation where the store is closed and there is no other position available the staff have been offered a furlough position which will keep their employment with Roys and they will return to work once the store reopens
We will endeavour to serve our community and work with our colleagues throughout this difficult time and for another 125 years!
Ed and Paul Roy
Managing Director and Buying Director