Flu Jab Information
Protect yourself and your community with a flu jab this year
We are here to offer our community and their loved ones the protection they would like over the winter season. Anyone can catch the flu, even those who feel fit and healthy, so it's important to get a jab if you want some extra protection. The flu jab is available to anyone that chooses to have it and is available from Roys Pharmacy. The vaccinations are given in a clean, covid-safe environment by a trained pharmacist.
It's safe to have the flu vaccine if you've had COVID-19 and can help to prevent serious illness if you contract it.
Is it important to get vaccinated against flu?
Anyone who's had the flu will tell you it's not a very nice experience! Not to mention that it can be serious for many people, especially those in more vulnerable groups.
There are many benefits to getting the jab:
- You will get the best protection against catching flu
- You receive antibodies for this year's strain of the virus
- If you are unlucky enough to catch it after you've been vaccinated your symptoms will be much milder
- You help protect people around you who may not be able to get a jab
- Reduces the risk of serious complications if you are more prone to catching flu
- Helps prevent you from being seriously ill if you contract COVID-19 at the same time
Is it free?
At Roys Pharmacy we offer free NHS flu jabs for those who are eligible.
There's no need to get your GP's referral for a free flu jab, we can handle that in-store. If you have a free flu jab with us then we'll let your GP know.
You're eligible for a free NHS flu vaccine if you:
- are 65 and over (including those who'll be 65 by 31 March 2024)
- have certain health conditions
- are pregnant
- are in long-stay residential care
- receive a carer's allowance, or are the main carer for an older or disabled person who may be at risk if you get sick
- live with someone who is more likely to get infections (such as someone who has HIV, has had a transplant or is having certain treatments for cancer, lupus or rheumatoid arthritis)
How it works
Book an appointment
Call Roys Pharmacy on 01603 777032 or speak to a member of staff at the in-store pharmacy counter
Have a chat
During your appointment a pharmacist will ask you a few questions to make sure the vaccine is right for you
Get the jab!
If suitable you'll be given your vaccination in our private consultation room